Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just a glimpse...

Life is short. Really short. I am a "girl" when it comes to t.v shows and movies. I keep hoping for different endings to Titanic, and the Vow, etc. I watch Parenthood like its a religious service, and I empathize with the characters. I wondered if they wrote Kristina's breast cancer storyline in because people didn't really like her character. She was always so uptight, and kind of bitchy. But I can't help but rooting for her now, and crying when she cries, and loving the way Adam is trying his best to be supportive. Funny how even in fiction land, one moment can change your thinking, your mood...Can this kind of emotional shifting be useful?
Certainly. I use music. I have a whole separated Ipod list to lift or level my moods. I am working on a different tactic now. Stopping what I'm doing to think and feel instead of staying on the crazy train of life. Too often I am in a rush, always in a hurry, chaos, busy....Everyone has the potential of catching these little moments..Today instead of taking the dog out and cleaning up the kitchen after I sent Elliott to the bus, I stayed with the door cracked open to watch him. Here was this little blonde girl with the brightest smile and a voice that sounded like bells "Hi Elliott!!" she called from across the street, he ran to her with his "fastest shoes", slipping his hands shyly in his pockets. She asked  brightly, "Did your mom spike your hair?!" and he said "Yes.." smiling and looking down at the sidewalk. This is the "best friend" he has been talking about. I loved everything about this moment. My feet frozen from standing on cold concrete, I heard the bus coming, and went back upstairs. The moment you slip on warm fuzzy socks, the moment you take the first sip of hot coffee on a cold morning, the moment you see your child fall asleep, say a word, make a friend. It's all precious, and short. They say to savor those moments, but do you? Try harder....its so worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment